What Is Coronavirus?
According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that are common in people and many different species of animals, including camels, cattle, cats, and bats. It is a respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus that was first detected in China and which has now been detected in more than 100 locations internationally, including in the United States.
What Is COVID-19?
This current virus has been named “SARS-CoV-2” and the disease it causes has been named “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19.”)
What Are Symptoms Of COVID-19?
Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases. The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure: fever, cough and shortness of breath.
What Can People Do To Protect Themselves From Coronavirus?
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Why Is Protein Important For Immune Health?
Protein is a key part of a healthy, balanced diet. It’s important because your body uses protein for the production of various compounds and enzymes that play a role in the immune system. If you don’t think you’re getting enough protein, you can always pick up a meal replacement that contains a great source of protein, so you know you’re getting enough in your diet.
What Else Can I Do To Maintain My Health?
Exercise also plays a huge role in maintaining health. With gyms shutting down, make sure you get plenty of exercise at home, whether it’s through watching videos or practicing your own personal routine that you love and embrace.
Also, make sure you get plenty of rest. Studies show that people who don’t get quality sleep or enough sleep aren’t likely to feel their best. Plus, lack of sleep can also affect your health. If you’re someone who has trouble falling asleep, try a supplement that contains melatonin. Melatonin is a hormone your body naturally produces, and it’s essentially what helps you get some sleep.